Saturday, October 15, 2011

Big Orange Cat

I don't usually take pictures of the animals here.  There are so many of really sweet dogs and cats on the street.  Yes, street dogs and cats are everywhere.   The municipality picks up the dogs and sterilizes them, gives them injections and returns them to the street.  This accomplishes two things -- one: it keeps the street clean from food tossed away.  two: it keeps the cat population in check.  

The cats are everywhere.  People actually drive around in their cars feeding these poor little animals.  They are wild and many of them are very sick.   Once in awhile you find a sweet one that has been adopted by a restaurant or other type of business.  On Thursday, some of my friends and I went to a restaurant near the shore.  This cat was a favorite and frankly, the biggest cat I have ever seen in Istanbul!  

She was pretty laid back while sitting there with me on the sofa -- she is pretty territorial in her little area.  She even got her back up at the dog that came to visit.  

Thanks for stopping by . . . Sheryl

1 comment:

  1. I am not a fan of kitty cats but this one is so pretty! I think Bob Barker would be pleased with the way Istanbul "helps control the pet population".

    ReplyDelete